• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Some questions about Ferts

tennis4you

I am a newbie to the planted aquarium world. I have been trying stuff for the last 12 months but none of that included CO2 yet. I have a 125g tank and 55g tank at home and a 30g tank at work. The 125g is where I have spent all my time though. It has nice lights, easy to grow plants and no CO2. It is doing OK. Nothing amazing, but OK.

I read the DYI CO2 articles and I wanted to try it in the big tank but I have been told that a 125g would require a C)2 tank and not a DYI contraption to be of any good use. So... I have decided to try to plant my 30g at work and try the DYI CO2 method to test the waters.

I use Seachrem's Flourish in my 125 and 30g tanks. When i introduce the CO2 in the 30g will I need to provide any other types of ferts? I really fall short in knowledge when it comes to the ferts. I do not know if Flourish is enough if I provide CO2 or not. I really know nothing and I was hoping someone could guide my ways.

Awesome website here by the way. The pictures are awesome!

Thank you,

Tennis4you

125 gallon is pretty huge. Unless you manage to design some uber DIY CO2 system, youre never going to get enough to satisify a medium-high tech system. The 30 gallon, not anything like so much of a problem.

I think youre going to have to consider full pressurised CO2 for the large if you decide on full high-tech.

Seachem flourish is a very low fert dose solution, aimed at more the low tech (low light/no co2) setups. Probably worth looking at these articles to help you decide what you want out of things.

Back