• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Some questions on Dwarf Hairgrass....

Vito

Hey guys I got some Hair grass at the back of my tank, I don't know if its normal or not but I always thought Hair grass would be straight, in some places mine seems to slightly curl or be a bit wavy.. i don't know if this is normal also some "stems" are lighter green than others... is all this normal or Is it telling me that the plant is lacking some sort of nutrient?

My Setup:
Rio 125
Tetratec EX1200
Pressurized Co2
Dry ferts....

thanks guys...

Hi Vito, your hairgrass looks fine - mine did that a little when I had it.

You don't have to worry about planting the cuttings - it should spread out fairly quickly. It is best to prune the grass when you notice that it has been growing fast. Cut it fairly short too. If you prune it when it's growth is stunting then the freshly cut ends will get covered in algae and it might die (at least that's what I found happens.

I see you have HC too, this looks just like my old setup, I used a TON of light and it worked great!

GOOD LUCK :D

I would say you have Eleocharis parvula, as opposed to Eleocharis acicularis which is straighter and taller. Always use the latin name....dwarf hairgrass is not specific enough. :D

Dave.

Back