• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Songs from the Man Cave!

I'm a fan of the 'louder spectrum' of music (although also a big fan of minimalist piano like Einaudi), but I'll start off very tame with some rock n roll/alt rock:

Saw his birthday concert film agin the other day
Van Morrison Cyprus Avenue
Recollections of his love of home and childhood memories

Meena Cryle "Makes me scream".

Peter Frampton band "Goin down slow".

I listen to a bit of Black Sabbath, Nirvana, pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains once in a while.
My favourite albums are Metallica's first 4 though. Could anyone recommend me a band that sounds similar (fast, but not too fast, less screaming etc.)?

Written in 1927 by the Memphis Minnie, readapted in 1971 by Led Zeppelin and thoroughly experienced nearly 100 years on from the original.

Likes of Jack White through The Raconteurs and supergroup Them Crooked Vultures can try and encapsulate the sound, but it doesn’t come close.

I listen to a bit of Black Sabbath, Nirvana, pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains once in a while.
My favourite albums are Metallica's first 4 though. Could anyone recommend me a band that sounds similar (fast, but not too fast, less screaming etc.)?
Perhaps avenged sevenfold is up your alley? They are a slight bit faster, but have some nice guitarwork and not too screamy. I'd also recommend sentenced/poisonblack (same singer, different band, about the same style) but that too is a bit faster most of the time.
- poisonblack example
- example of A7X

I'll leave it at this, most of the people here seem to be more into the calmer genres :) which is cool, there is very little I dont like (save for opera, dutch/slager music, modern popsongs and nowadays rap).

Charlie Musselwhite "Strange land".
Dion "Blues comin on".

Last edited:
Back