• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Songs from the Man Cave!

I've been a bartender for many years... :) Started at the local Disco and after that in several dancings and pubs of all kinds. Then you can't pick the music and are forced to go with the flow... So you can feed me anything... I learned the hard way if you can't fight it enjoy it!..

If I don't really like it I surely know to find the humour in it and have a laugh... There is a difference between hearing and listening, I kinda found that switch.

Back then a day without any music felt like a relief and enjoyed it more listening to the other sounds of the world when not at work. :)

Hi all,
My <"Desert Island Discs"> would include either Parliament / Funkadelic <"One nation under a groove"> or Bootsy Collins <"I'd rather be with you">. Once I was there I could Dad dance to my hearts content, with no-one to see me.

cheers Darrel
I'd be dad dancing with you if I were there! I was just a little bit too young to experience P-Funk first time around, but discovered it in the early nineties and loved it ever since. Started with the wild early Funkadelic albums like 'Maggot Brain' and graduated to Parliament and Bootsy etc. I remember in the early days there was this girl in our town who had a 'Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow' t-shirt (full album cover) which was quite shocking for the time and some of my mates were very awestruck and, I think, secretly in love with her!

Here's a video Funkadelic filmed in New York and Central Park for 'Cosmic Slop' in 1973. I am pretty sure they would be arrested within about five minutes if they attempted to do the same today!

“metal” covers are almost universally played for laughs, and yeahhhhhh there’s probably a bit of that. But I’ve had the chorus stuck in my head for a week.
Prolly helps that the original is also a banger.

Going back through an old iPod for the nostalgia and got reminded of Drug Church and holy moly they have spent nearly 10 years putting out Nivarna-inflected post hardcore/ pop hardcore(?)/grunge revival with a lilting sense of dry seething I can get behind.

And if the hot weather has you in the mood for something fruitier may I suggest some city pop for the gentleman.

Or perhaps your in the mood for some Danzig. And I mean. It’s rare that I aren’t.
So how about something Danzig adjacent.

And just some shameless promotion for people I know.

My newest workmates band

My former room mates newest band

Back