• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

soon to be wabi kusa

Just seen this :) looks awesome
I've been on the hunt for a nice bowl , hitting the charity shops hard ahahahahah !!

How long is that light mate ? Also what's the wattage on it ?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It can be a nightmare to find a bowl you want I looked everywhere before I found this one, it was expensive but worth it for the size,

The light is 4watt according to the box but its really bright, hurts your eyes pretty quickly, ive got it on for 12 hours at the moment and it seems to be working :)

Just seen this :) looks awesome
I've been on the hunt for a nice bowl , hitting the charity shops hard ahahahahah !!

How long is that light mate ? Also what's the wattage on it ?
Cheers

If you still looking for Bowls, Giant Brandy Glasses etc try visiting you local "The Range" store i was in one yesterday and they had quite a range of glass bowls, giant cups and cubes

The range and TKmaxx do have some nice Bowls and vases that are great for this type of project.

A bit up and down, the hc didnt do well and disappeared over a week, one of the alternanthera reineckii melted but the other 2 are doing really well, the moss is growing brilliantly and ive added some Echinodorus Tenellus which seems to be doing well, im working away until Thursday so I will get some pics up at the end of next week :)

Sorry lads forgot all about updating :( ive added some hair grass, a tiny bit of hc and a few stems of Ammania In all honesty it looks a bit of a mess but its a good experimenting tank I will get some pics up asap :)

Kdxuv9l.jpg

CQKLqPy.jpg

Dy8R2C0.jpg

c7acGtp.jpg

RmIFEji.jpg

F2ENXWf.jpg

Full plant list

Anubias nana
Moss balls
Hair grass
Ammania
Hc
Hydropiper
Bacopa australis
Lilaeopsis novea-zealandiae

A little update, I think I've finally found the sweet spot the anubias has thrown up 5 new leaves in the last 2 weeks and the Bacopa australis is going crazy so much so I'm thinking of removing it as it's growing over the he and monticarlo at an amazing rate

pSfzS5G.jpg

9N5xRjY.jpg

gLLUjOd.jpg

xUQoehs.jpg

Reactions: tim
How's that for timing lol, its really starting to kick off now :) I'm not sure if it's the extra heat now the central heating on more or if it's that I've just left it alone and not kept moving things ever 5 mins :)

Its good to see the hc next to monte carlo, gives me an idea of how big it actually is. I was wondering which one to choose. I think mc will be too big for for what i have planned.
I think its started growing more because its been left alone but i also think temp does play a part too.
Im interested in how you clear away the hc and mc when you eventually trim it. A mini rake? A temporary flood?

Hc is definitely smaller but mc just grows so well its a tough choice really, the plan when I'm due a trim will be the same as when I did the moss, trim everything you want trimming then a temp flood it's just so much easier and cleaner :)

Back