South American Biotope

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Ashton, 13 Apr 2009.

1. Ashton

Ashton Member

I'm trying to create a river biotope using just a few plants, plenty of bogwood and leaf litter on the bottom. However I've been told to use either beech or oak leaves as these last longer than other leaves. But I just can't get hold of these leaves at all.

Has anyone any idea what other leaves I can use that I can actually buy online?

2. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

I think they might be called 'almond' leaves or something. I've seen them on eBay, sold for Bettas and Gourami.

3. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

How many leaves do you want? I have a bag full of American Red Oak leaves that were collected last autumn from my school. I'm sure I can spare a few!

4. glenn

glenn Member

i thought they were them leaves that 'supposedly' turn your fish in to sex crazed maniacs...i never forked out the money for them though, would be intresting to ge3t feedback about them.
    here are some of the benifits that aquatic magic mention-"Lowers the pH of the water and absorbs harmful chemicals.
    Adds essential trace elements to the water.Contains chemical that will bind with ammonia in the water. Simulates the natural water condition which promotes breeding"

5. a1Matt

a1Matt Member