• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

spec me a filter, Fluval gone kaput!

discusdan

So all of a sudden my Fluval 205 has decided to start leaking. It doesn't seem to lock down as firmly as it once did and is leaking from the canister joint.

So i'm in need for a new external filter but on a budget.

came across a few on e-bay just wondered if any one has them or could recommend me one?

found this one

pisces bio pro 1800

800-2200LPH BIO PRO EXTERNAL AQUARIUM WATER FILTERS WITH MEDIA UVC FISH TANK | eBay

or

the all pond solutions 1400. Is it worth getting the uv version? not really sure what it does?

Aquarium Fish Tank External Filter - Optional 9w UV Steriliser + Media EF Models | eBay

or

aqua pro 1800

800 1200 1800 AQUA PRO EXTERNAL AQUARIUM WATER FILTERS WITH MEDIA UVC FISH TANK | eBay

or

External Aquarium Fish Tank Canister Filter System INC MEDIA | eBay

or
superfish aqua pro 600

Superfish Aqua Pro External Aquarium Fish Tank Filter - 200 400 600 - | eBay

these are all one ones I can find within budget. if you can recommend any of them or know of any other please let me know. cheers.

Have you checked the rubber sealing ring sometimes they can come out of there locating slot also check to see if its cracked of nicked a new sealing ring will be a lot cheaper than a new filter
Mark

I Did think it could be the sealing ring but I checked it and it seemed fine, gave it a thin coat of vasaline as well but still no joy, for 5 quid it might be worth trying a new one.

It seems the problem is the clips aren't locking the head down tightly. When i first got the filter the clips would snap down firmly with a click and there would be no gap between the canister body and the motor head.
Now the clips are very loose to secure and once locked down they rattle and feel loose.

i was looking at these filters on ebay the other day and was going to ask about them quality wise and has any one any experiance of them the first two is what i was looking at they seem powerfull and cheap . any advice

Back