Spiro or Rhinox?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by spaldingaquatics, 14 Jul 2008.

1. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

Hi,

I'm making my own yeast based co2 system for the first time from 2x 2ltr drinks bottles, following the instructions from a link aaron gave me on the DIY page... :D

After a bit of window shopping (or should that be screen shopping) on AE I've found 2 diffusers that seem to be compatible, the Spiro 5000 and Rhinox 2000, the discription for both says that they can be used with a home made yeast co2 set up and they're for my tank size aswell

Apart from a couple of pounds I can't find a difference between the 2, does anyone recommended one over the other? Or are they both going to do the same job just as good as each other?

Spiro
    http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=196_197&products_id=1236

Rhinox
    http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1432

2. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

From the research I did when I brought my diffusors none of those are DIY compatible, the 1000 might be, but the safer bet is to go for the nano diffusors with yeast solution, worked great for me when I used them in the past, just buy two and keep swapping them every couple of week to give you time to clean one and use the other, they are cheap on ebay.

3. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

4. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Thats the one, you can get two for that price on ebay, really up to you. Those work fine on DIY setup.

5. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

thats generally the issue.. to get the pressure up enough to make a ceramic disk work, youll need to make some posh DIY setup with proper fittings that wont blow off, and probably use a glass bottle that can hold it.

6. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Member

I used my Rhinox 2000 with DIY before I went pressurised and it worked.

However I would've bought the 1000 knowing what I know now which is to ignore the recommended tank sizes and go for the model below.

Andy