• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spiro or Rhinox?

Hi,

I'm making my own yeast based co2 system for the first time from 2x 2ltr drinks bottles, following the instructions from a link aaron gave me on the DIY page... :D

After a bit of window shopping (or should that be screen shopping) on AE I've found 2 diffusers that seem to be compatible, the Spiro 5000 and Rhinox 2000, the discription for both says that they can be used with a home made yeast co2 set up and they're for my tank size aswell

Apart from a couple of pounds I can't find a difference between the 2, does anyone recommended one over the other? Or are they both going to do the same job just as good as each other?

Spiro
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=196_197&products_id=1236

Rhinox
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1432

From the research I did when I brought my diffusors none of those are DIY compatible, the 1000 might be, but the safer bet is to go for the nano diffusors with yeast solution, worked great for me when I used them in the past, just buy two and keep swapping them every couple of week to give you time to clean one and use the other, they are cheap on ebay.

spaldingaquatics said:
would the spiro and rhinox not be suitable because of a lack of pressure being DIY yeast? would 2x 2ltr bottles power even the nano then?

thats generally the issue.. to get the pressure up enough to make a ceramic disk work, youll need to make some posh DIY setup with proper fittings that wont blow off, and probably use a glass bottle that can hold it.

I used my Rhinox 2000 with DIY before I went pressurised and it worked.

However I would've bought the 1000 knowing what I know now which is to ignore the recommended tank sizes and go for the model below.

Andy

Back