• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

splitting anubias

Nick16

hi guys, i have acouple of very large anubias (rhizomes) and i would like to diving them up and replant them in another tank. What is the best way of me doing this, as i dont just want to cut the whole rhizome in half for fear of killing both halves!

how do i do it?

I split them by hand and break them where they naturally split. as long as it going in to a good tank. I have broken many with no issue.

Yep Never had any probs breaking them with my hands, I usually use a nail to snap them.

When you spit anubias do they grow from both ends? i meen will the two broken ends grow out? I have a large anubias now which just grows bigger at one end and am thinking of splitting it to attach elsewhere in the same tank. Thanks

This interests me too,obviously,if you cut off the growing end,that end still grows in that direction (I've planted a couple the wrong way round in hindsight!!),but what happens if you have two cut ends?

Back