• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sponge filter for breeding shrimp tank

jacopo16

Hi guys! Can some of you tell me a good sponge filter and a silent air pump to use in a neocaridina breeding tank?
I appreciate any insight! Amazon/ebay or whatever links would be great

a few members are using USB powered air pumps.
I have a very cheap and cheerful USB pump running an old school sponge filter - the noise I have is from bubbles, not from the pump.
There are loads of sellers of these on eBay; can’t say how long it will last but so far so good:
C7C56B36-7CDE-4E62-8F86-5EDD1D721459.jpeg

Other tank has an aquael pat mini which is absolutely silent (basically a sponge with a power head). Both my tanks are shrimp.

The quietest I’ve found are the little jbl air pumps that come with their brineshrimp hatchery kits. Unfortunately I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells these separately.

Other option is a small power head with a sponge block as these are much quieter.

I have a very cheap and cheerful USB pump running an old school sponge filter - the noise I have is from bubbles, not from the pump.
There are loads of sellers of these on eBay; can’t say how long it will last but so far so good:
View attachment 202908
Other tank has an aquael pat mini which is absolutely silent (basically a sponge with a power head). Both my tanks are shrimp.
I have been using 5 of them on my amano shrimp breeding project. They are very silent. One was periodically stoping for some reason. Tried dismantling it to see what was going on but was unable to bring it back to life. I bought a new one. Other than that they work nicely.

Back