• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sportfishing anyone?

Oetloet

Hi everyone,

Keeping fish is one thing but going out in the wild and catch some yourself is another :p From time to time i enjoy fishing for pike!

Anyone else into sportfishing?

Attachments

• 45454.jpg
    45454.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 567867867.jpg
    567867867.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 131
That's a darn nice pike... :nailbiting:

I used to fish till 17 years ago, then I gave up on it... I was specialized in hunting with floating bait, a simple piece of bread with only a hook on the thinnest line possible. I was what they call a sunny day angler. :cool: A shoulder bag with bread, a stool, a net and my vintage Hardy Clarissa fast taper 11ft 1¼lbs with a Shakespeare President reel.

That was the most exciting for me, with light weight gear, finding them by observations, then correct timing and bait presentation and see all the action happen. :) I caught the most of them a few feet from the shore.

I don't like to brag about it, but made quite a few static Boily nerds (no pun intended) envious with the simplest rig and still a 3 to 0 score in an hour time on the same water. They hated my laughter... :p

But as said haven't touched a rod again in the last 17 years. Good memories, but don't actually miss it...

Last edited:
Back