• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spraybar in a shallow aquarium

Deano3

Hi everyone I am wondering if anyone has used a spraybar in shallow aquarium don't think I am having much luck with mine, I know they work well in a deeper tank but my tank is only 18cm deep without substrate and its hard to angle without surface movement and loosing co2 I am thinking if getting normal style lilly pipe and they also look better just wondering if anyone used spraybar in a shallow at all and how they got on?

Thanks dean

Hi deano. Yes big tom uses a spray bar in his bucket of mud and I did in my shallow.
Is you tank a low tech non co2 or high tech??? If low tech then surface agitation would be ideal to allow atmospheric co2 into the tank. Even people who run co2 have the water surface movement

It is a high tec tank and if you seen my jurnak I have had nothing but problems with no growth and melt even with huge amounts of co2 pumping into take and only 24w now there is 48w but my flow seems not to good and I had better growth with my gush o-bubble lily pipe and I am thinking if getting a normal gush nano liky as looks better and think might get better flow around my tank just sick and want this sorted might have a re-scape keep it flater fir flow and get new lily what you think alastair

Thanks dean

Back