• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Springwatch

Lisa_Perry75

Hi guys,

Just wondered who is enjoying Springwatch? I'm just catching up on last weeks, just watching Thursdays. I know you guys love your insect macros so I recommend a section about 45 minutes in. A graphic designer from Salisbury and his pics. Some really superb insects which look to be in-situ...

I hear Bill Oddie is no longer a presenter - which should make it much more bearable. :lol:

Cheers,
James

No he isn't. It's Chris Packham and Kate Humble, Chris does get a tad too excited about birds but hey ho.

I watch it all the time but the presenters infuriate me, they all say 'amazing' and 'fantastic' far too much especially Kate Humble, she's also starting to adopt Chris Packham's most annoying habit of all - flinging his arms about far too much when he talks.

I almost paid £15 to go see a Chris Packham speach in Ringwood last weekend just so that I could tie his hands down!

I like Bill Oddie, bring back Bill :thumbup:

Hehe I quite liked Bill Oddie. Yes the presenters do annoy me, its that whole one expert ones supposed to be dumb.

Chris: So a bald eagle has a white head
Kate: So what you're saying is an eagle with a white head is a bald eagle.

I tend to do something else at the same time, like catch up on FB and UKAPS. There are some really good bits, like the macros, under sea bit and how to distinguish different breeds of things. Like deer, I'd always wondered what species of deer is it round here (turns out Roe). Theres a group that walk around and like to wait until I'm driving past and then run in front of me. Stupid creatures really, but v. pretty.

:lol: yeah, there was a couple of them moments last night.
I really liked the underwater river feature last week and the difference between birds of prey in flight because I never know which bird I've been gawping at moments before I realise that there's a bend in the road!

But I've got to say I'll be watching the Brazil game on mute tonight instead though

I think it was Chris Packham that mentioned that Tits were nesting earlier than usual, a sure sign of man made global warming. Pricelss.

Dave.

Back