Square One

daftndirekt

Ah thanks saintly, And big chris, I was on UR just listed as Rhysiboy- my other name I go by on a few other forums and I got the rock from aqua essentials.

YzemaN

Nice one! It can be difficult to pull off the hard scape in a small tank like that, but I think you did a great job. You just need to get some really bushy growth at the back and you'll have a winner!

daftndirekt

yeah i cant wait till the stems will thicken up. I think i might actually change them to a different species, just grabbed what i could if im honest with regards to plants.

aaronnorth

nice tank, you might want to change the anubias barterii, to 'nana' and also change the stems to a finer leafed plant like rotala wallichi to keep it simple.

some hairgrass might look good too

Garuf

I think there are some non aquatics in there if you look carfully. Unless you know better that is.

Garuf

I had emersed E T and it looked alot like it does underwater... that plant appears to have a rhizome like a palm tree.

daftndirekt

I would not be surprised at all if one or two are non aquatic but oh well, will keep a vigilant eye out if they start to mush and if they do out they come. Yeah i cant wait till the HC spreads out and the moss grows loads. Also when I can get hold of really nice stemming plants, at the moment I just grabbed anything they have in the store, at £2.95 + 25% discount i can be a bit wishy washy at the moment!

daftndirekt

Hey guys and gals, well hasnt it been a fair olf while since my last update... Well ive basically changed the complete look of the tank, less jungle more nature style. Decided to put a layer of white sand on top of the ADA because the ada just blew about everywhere. Heres some pictures:

PA200356.jpg

PA200361.jpg

PA210364.jpg

PA210365.jpg

PA210367.jpg

PA210370.jpg

PA210374.jpg

PA210375.jpg

PA210377.jpg

PA210382.jpg

At the moment i have a mixture of cherry shrimps, algae shrimps, Amano shrimps and crystal reds. I also have a school of three pygmy corydoras. These guys are amazing, have amazing character :D