• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Squirrels

Egmel

As much as i despise the little blighters they do make good subjects!

A very symmetrical squirrel
2780301215_912feed002.jpg
Full res available from the flickr photo page.

With a friends kid
2781159290_61d99d3acb.jpg

Camera is a simple 4mp point and shoot (Konica KD-400Z probably the worlds most indestructible digital camera). I've done a little post processing but mainly just cropping and some colour correction.

aaronnorth said:
That 1st pic is wierd, even the shape of the tail is the same :? :lol:

for me the crop is too tight. even when given the best photo opportunity of wildlife the common thing to do is to shoot as close as you can get or get your zoom out and zoom in!

for example this is what id taken last week, nothing special but for explanation purposes only. this is a cropped version close up as alot of people do.some people would go even closer.

25ae0e03.jpg

why not try and include some natural surroundings? even in a zoo there are angles that can eliminate the sense of captivity.

e49f7c12.jpg

BTW the first image is a crop of the second...and the second images is cropped too. just goes to show how much detail the 5d captures and how big the prints can be! ;)

saintly said:
for me the crop is too tight. even when given the best photo opportunity of wildlife the common thing to do is to shoot as close as you can get or get your zoom out and zoom in!
<snip/>
why not try and include some natural surroundings? even in a zoo there are angles that can eliminate the sense of captivity.
Well here's the original
2781157794_93bea73536_b.jpg

The reason for the tight crop is because I hadn't left myself much play at top and bottom. To enhance the symmetry I cropped either side at the apex of the fence loops.

Unfortunately there were people just a couple of feet either side of him and the background contains that awful meshing. He really wasn't in a position for a nice in-situ shot.

These were a couple of others I took before I realised quite how tame he was.
2780300261_6a6d0023e4.jpg
2780300491_dfe5573517.jpg

I really don't think this one does my subject any justice ;)

Back