• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

stable co2 problems

naz

hello..i changed me fe co2, 2kg bottle,about 3 weeks ago,tweaked my co2 till it was just right its been running fine for about 3 weeks now,iv been looking at the bubble counter and the bubbles have been coming out at a constant rate,over the last 3 week,about 3 bps,but the last week iv been watching the bubble counter this week and the bubbles are coming out rearly erraticy,not at a constant rate ,3 bubbles will come out at once,and then none for about a second,and it repeats like this,iv had my take about 8 mouths now,and never had this before happen,iv cheaked if there is any leaks in the hoseing,that seems ok,the psi is still at 2 which i set it at ,so its not that,has anyone got any idears wot it could be......

naz said:
hello..i changed me fe co2, 2kg bottle,about 3 weeks ago,tweaked my co2 till it was just right its been running fine for about 3 weeks now,iv been looking at the bubble counter and the bubbles have been coming out at a constant rate,over the last 3 week,about 3 bps,but the last week iv been watching the bubble counter this week and the bubbles are coming out rearly erraticy,not at a constant rate ,3 bubbles will come out at once,and then none for about a second,and it repeats like this,iv had my take about 8 mouths now,and never had this before happen,iv cheaked if there is any leaks in the hoseing,that seems ok,the psi is still at 2 which i set it at ,so its not that,has anyone got any idears wot it could be......

Are you using a solenoid valve ? and it the valve clicking ie switching on/ off, intermittantly and where is the bubble counter - between the reg / valve or valve / diffuser.

What I would do is remove the co2 piping from the solenoid and connecting to the reg, if it continues that proves it not the solenoid valve and the problem must be with the reg, have you checked the two "O" rings on the adjustment screw on the reg.

Regards
paul.

Providing the average bubble rate is the same I doubt it would matter...it could just be a slighty mucky bubble counter.

just tryed taking the solenold vavle off and its made no difference,in fact its running faster with the solenold on than off ,more bps,cant work that out,but both ways,the bps were still running erraticy,the reg and the solenold are only 8 mouths old,i now reg and solenolds are not to cheap as well,need to find out what going wrong before i think about ordering new parts....has anyone got any more idears :?

naz said:
just tryed taking the solenold vavle off and its made no difference,in fact its running faster with the solenold on than off ,more bps,cant work that out,but both ways,the bps were still running erraticy,the reg and the solenold are only 8 mouths old,i now reg and solenolds are not to cheap as well,need to find out what going wrong before i think about ordering new parts....has anyone got any more idears :?

Assuming that they carry a warranty as they are 8 months old if so return them.

Paul.

My wild guess is that : Have you ever turned it off completely for a night? It may be caused by the check valve (against water flowing up) has been soaked with water sucked in. When you turn the system completely off, the regulator will suck the water up, and if your check valve is not strong enough, the water from the tank will pass through, and finally go to the regulator.

Just keep it running for a few days, and the bubble counter shall turn to normal as soon as the water in the check valve is fully evaporated.

cant return it,brought it off internet from germany ,and iv lost the receite,if its the same with the solenold disconected,then surly its got to be something rong with the reg,might be a good idear to take it apart and have a look at it,to see if i can see a problem,iv got another cheak valve gonna put that on now

just fiddled about with the set up to see if i could find the ploblem,dont think its the reg or solenold,because if i disconect the tubing at the cheak valve so the co2 is not going in to the reactor the co2 bubble come out a bit faster but at a constant rate,as sone as i conect it back up again,it becomes erratice and not constant,i fought it mite be the cheak valve so i just tryed a new one of them,but its stil the same,so it cant be the cheak valve,do you think it could be the psi am running iv got it set at 2 bar do you think it needs to go higher

Back