Stainless steel inflow outflow collection for aquarium

Discussion in 'Hinterfeld' started by Hinterfeld.com, 27 Oct 2016.

1. Hinterfeld.com

Hinterfeld.com Sponsor Staff Member

Attached Files:

2. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

I've been looking at these ones to replace some glass lily pipes. Curious as to firstly do the pipes swivel or disconnect on the areas marked on the image, my pipe is at the rear of the tank but would want to angle the outlet about 45 degress? Do you have suckers to attach them to the glass? Would a stainless steel shrimp mesh fit over the end and cover all the slots, if you have the distance from the end I can check with the one I have, It does have a measurement of 45mm but there looks like there is possibly another couple of slots after that. It also says "built in skimmer" but can't really see where that would happen on these particular pipes.

9nlH0bw.jpg
    *Edit, Just realised 45mm is the distance between not off the end so do you know how far up the slots go?

3. Aeropars

Aeropars Member

I want to know about the possibility of twisting at the joint also.

4. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

Hopefully they do. Two fold for me, it means I can bring them up the back of the tank and adjust the flow in the right direction and they will be a lot easier to clean.
    I'll email them direct I think and see if I get a response. My other worry is they are 18mm and I need a shrimp mesh on getting shrimp mesh on is hard work as it is at 17mm piping.

5. doylecolmdoyle

doylecolmdoyle Member

Would be great if the nano set came with both the inlet and outlet pipe the same size at 13mm.

Also are the pipes just coated stainless or solid stainless steel, if solid could I cut down the length of the standard 13mm pipes to suit a shallow aquarium? (http://www.hinterfeld.com/chihiros-...s-steel-13mm-inflow-outflow-filter-lily-pipe/)

Thanks

6. Hinterfeld.com

These pipe are solid stainless steel. You can cut the pipe, but after you cut the pipe, then you don't have the smaller opening which would help you easier to connect the hose.

7. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

What about the connection, do they swivel?

8. Iain mlaren

Iain mlaren Member

I'd also like to no about this. Thanks

9. Hinterfeld.com

b0a571a87bc2e2a3dac767f6f09eb60e.jpg

The pipe is 1-2mm larger then the hose. Say for 12/16 hose, the pipe is 13-14mm in diameter. And the joint is look as shown in the picture. If you have more than 1 inch overlap area, you wont be able to pull the pipe out manually as a normal person.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

10. Iain mlaren

Iain mlaren Member

Will the connection swivel so can move the flow? Also do these come in 16mm? Cheers

11. doylecolmdoyle

doylecolmdoyle Member

Thanks for that detail, looks like cutting down wont really be an option, I would go with the nano set but the smaller outlet pipe puts me off, wish they where both 12/16, I cant even seem to find a adapter to go from 8/12 tube to 12/16 on your website?

12. doylecolmdoyle

doylecolmdoyle Member

Does this set have the same tapered ends? looking at the pictures it doesn't seem like the pipe i stepped down as per the larger pipes in your photo.
    http://www.hinterfeld.com/chihiros-...s-steel-13mm-inflow-outflow-filter-lily-pipe/

13. Hinterfeld.com

Hi Doylecolmdoyle

Yes, there is no converter from 8/12 to 12/16 yet, since there is no body is making that within our suppliers group at the moment, but we do know there is an demand for such convertor, and we are still looking for supplier who are making it. Will put that on listing once we have a reliable supplier for that.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2017
  14. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

What about it swiveling, does it do that?
    FWIW for the other poster you can get plastic 12mm to 16mm convertors on eBay so you can put 16 tubing on the pipe/converter then 12mm tubing.

15. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

SS-flange-animated.gif ???

Gill and rebel like this.
  16. Hinterfeld.com

The pipe from Chihiros do not have the tapered end. Only the pipe from MUFAN has this tapered end. But the Chihiros pipe also 1-2mm larger then the hose diameter. So they grab pretty well as well.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

Gill likes this.
  17. Iain mlaren

Iain mlaren Member

Swivel on the joint?

18. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

@LondonDragon Nice suggestion mate but I think the main concern is whether the pipes swivel at what appears to be some king of join I marked on the image. Not sure for other posters but for me personally the reason being is I bring my pipes up the back of the cabinet due to the TMC signature not having factory holes on the side of the cabinet. I could make some but I'd prefer not to have them exposed on the side of the tank.
    Obviously this then means when using glass Lily pipes the flow of water is from the back to the front as oppose to length ways across the tank so if these pipes swivel on the join it enable me to still bring the pipe up the back of the cabinet but swivel the out let 90 degrees to have the flow length ways across the tank.

19. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Was just for the sponsor to understand what swivel meant ;)

hogan53 likes this.
  20. AverageWhiteBloke

AverageWhiteBloke Member

Ahh, get you. ;) Next step is going on Google translate and seeing what swivel is in Chinese.