• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stainless steel jubilee clips or another solution?

Malarky

There have been earlier threads on this but nothing conclusive (to me at least). What is my best option for securing hose connections (12/16 mm) and also ease of removal for cleaning etc? Stainless steel jubilee clips or some other plastic racheted solution I may be unaware of?

As @jamiepearson says the Herbie Clip is the part to buy, available in many sizes, but make sure you buy genuine ones as the cheaper clones can often break too easily as they age.
They can be easily opened with a small screwdriver blade.

However it depends on how often you want to disconnect the pipes for cleaning as too often might make the joints prone to leaking or slipping off ?
As long as pipes flow is not being reduced we tend to leave ours alone.

A better solution may be a pair of these ehiem or similar couplers, though not cheap.

Our external filter hoses use herbie clips to connect them to the hard plastic parts that go over the top of the tank etc, but instead of disconnecting them we use one of these very flexible brushes.

001566.jpg
001568.jpg

securing hose connections
ehiem or similar couplers
I use 'Jubilee' clips for pipe work that will stay connected for years and ehiem double taps as shown by dino 21 above. I have an issue with these couplers in that the little rubber sealing rings/gaskets are not a serviceable item and finding the right size from A.N. Other has proved difficult.

Or these from a UK retailer.

I’ve found the service fron aquaristikshop to be awful. Took my money for an in stock item and then didn’t deliver. When asked was told it’s out of stock. became very aggressive when I asked for my money back.

Back