• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Start of prashant's scape.

neelhound

Im actually starting to get pleased with the look of my tank. Itll look een better once the GT moves out to a bigger tank and i can put delicate little plants in. Its a juwel rio 180.

When i returned from the 2 month holiday i found a tank with brown muck on the gravel( the gravel was stupid decorative which i tried to mix substrate in with pver the course of 3 years, and it gathered muck, and that doubled over the holdiay when i left the family in charge.)It had an overgrown nyphae and it had always looked bad but never this bad. The GT got HITH.
IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Then i did i huge w/c with fish in the bucket and changed the gravel quick etc and blindly scaped the tank in the cloudy agitated gravel water. Never done it this big since i moved about a year and a half ago.Changed the background. GT is healing.
IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

So im pretty pleased. IM going to add some vallis next to the echino on the right and some HC on the pebbles. Any ideas? Thanks :D

Its looking a lot better, keep us updated. :)

im getting more t5s. Anyone got any ideas on what plants i should put in it?

IMG_0533.jpg

still needs a lot of work, once the GT moves out the lilaeopsis will stop floating and ill get some HC

hi prashant
was that lily a nymphaea lotus zenkeri(tiger lotus).That was massive :wideyed: tank looks much better now
many thanks J

it was sold as a tiny bulb of nymphaea rubra. It grew into about a 10cm high plant in about 4 months as it was in a low tech tank. It grew a lot faster in this tank. then when i left the people overdosed co2 by a lot and it grew really fast!

IMG_0525.jpg

Photo0105.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

last 2 taken with phone camera, the last 2 are ages later from the others

i think the GT needs to go, they need a tank of 400L or more really not 180L. he looks very cramped.

i am aware of that, i have had a 600l tank waiting for him for about a year, but im just waiting for his HITH disease to clear up. Its gone now, im just waiting for my new 15cm knifefish to come to go into the 600l and if he doesnt get one with it i'll let it grow a bit in the 180l, if he doesnt get on with the other fish there i'll have to sell him.
I know exactly what you mean, i hate it when people cramp fish, but im just doing this for a short time.

i've decided since you've reminded me i'm now putting him in the bigger tank, and if he doenst get along with the knife when it comes itll go in the smaller tank

but hes been in there since september, thats 5 and a half months now, i dont know what your idea of a short time is, mine is like 1-2 weeks!
i would be rushing to get him out of there, surely his HITH (a result of poor water quality over a long period of time) would clear better in a larger tank, by keeping him in the smaller tank your prolonging the disease rather than curing it faster.

HITH is cured faster by giving the tank and filter media a good clean, so if you have a spare 600L, fill it with a tiny layer of sand or gravel, and wash some of the media and a few drops of meds and you are done. with more swimming space the fish will heal faster.

just a thought.

Hes too nice to risk.

EDIT: a wise choice, in a tnak that size im sure they will set up territories, just use some nice big rocks or wood to help divide up the tank for the time being.

the HITH happened because of poor water quality when i was on holiday, i just didn't want him to get beaten up by the big catfish. The 600l is matured an not new,
hes in there now anyway so im just keeping a close eye on him

btw i'll be posting some pics of that tank with him in it v.soon! :D

Back