• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Staurogyne Repens, help please!

Wilson

Seedling
So I just bought some trimmings from a submerged tank and planted them about 5 days ago. Is it normal for them to look like this? Is this the transition phase from submerged to emersed? Thanks!

qSlkEle.jpg

b9zOloS.jpg

Ue1zbtl.jpg

it will be fine, very hardy I use with excel/tnc complete recently transferred to new tank and lost a lot of leaves 2 weeks later lots of new growth. Did you take off the bottom leaves for new roots?

What do you mean, exactly, by taking off the bottom leaves? Thanks for your input!

you got cuttings so to help develop roots carefully pull off bottom leaves before planting and new roots will form from there, my profile pic you can just see my staurogyne carpet

I see, but my trimmings came with roots like this:

liveplantsr1418091670.jpg

The top leaves are starting to dry and shrivel. I wouldn't exactly call it melting, however.

It's a bit tough to tell from the pic but the tops look a little manky on the left few? If so, just pinch them back to healthy plant and they'll sprout from side shoots. I grew some emersed that started like that - if you want a denser clump then pinch out the top and plant it separately to the roots - you'll get two plants. As long as they've either got roots and one left joint or two leaf joints and no roots there is enough to grow.

Thanks! I assume I should remove the shrinking leaves too?

Not sure what you mean by shrinking :) The ones that are going dark/slimy - they won't recover so best to nip them off so they don't encourage mould and it will grow new ones. Leave any leaves that are healthy looking as they'll be fuelling the growth for now even if they are submerged ones.

Back