• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Staurogyne sp.

johnny70

I bought a few of these from AE when they were first released, really like the plant, I didn't do much with it beside breakdown into 3 pieced and stick in the sand, is there a better way of planting it? I'm thinking of using it as a foreground plant instead of Glosso so I dont have to add pressurised co2, should I break down into individual stems and plant like taht?

JOHNNY

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
Yes, break into individual stems.

Does best in nutrient-rich substrate. Good CO2, ferts and med-high light will speed up growth but they're not essential.

johnny70

Thanks for the reply, was starting to think no one else has grown any :wideyed:

Only thing I'm not doing is the pressurised co2 but have all other factors:)

JOHNNY

johnny70

it does look great, even just chucked in its doing great, will let them grow a bit more then pull them and split down some more :D can the individual stems be cut down to decrease the lengths???? some are quite long

JOHNNY

milla

I split mine and planted individual stems 1" apart. trimmed all back to 1 set of leaves and planted the tops.
2 weeks later and all gaps are filled and i think i will need to trim in a week or two.