• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stem plant suggestion

andy

Im looking for a stem plant that has the following attributes.

Max height 8-12" (no taller !!!)
nice and bushy
preferably green but don't mind pink/red
Can be planted in clumps

it will be grown in 2.5wpg and pressurised CO2. All the other plants are thriving !!!

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Andy

Hemianthus micranthemoides!

By the way, with a pair of scissors, you can make any stem 8" - 12" tall.

Like Dave said, Hemianthus micranthemoides. It's a great plant. It's growing a foot tall in my 100gal (I need to give it a trim!). It's a very vivid green and very bushy. Chop the tops off before you plant it and it'll grow even bushier.

hellohefalump said:
Like Dave said, Hemianthus micranthemoides. It's a great plant. It's growing a foot tall in my 100gal (I need to give it a trim!). It's a very vivid green and very bushy. Chop the tops off before you plant it and it'll grow even bushier.

Thanks guys. I thought that was more of a ground cover plant....i have something similar which is spreading like mad but across the gravel, not upwards.

Ive grown the Rotala Rotundifolia before and it's certainly got over 18" tall before spilling out over the surface of the tank.

I had a look through the tropica catalogue and it seems some of the ludwigia only get to 15-30cm.

However, if it's possible to keep any stem at this height by trimming, the worlds my oyster.

Thanks again

Andy

Back