• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stem recommendation for low tech

Fran

Hi all, switching to a non co2 low light tank soon as have less time for maintenance nowadays. I will use my old ADA ammazonia and wish to plant a stem that will do well. Light will be provided by a 21w fluval aquasky. I will be using flourish excel. Would hygrophilia polysperma or bacopa carolinia do well?

Thanks for replies. I have been doing a bit of research and reckon I could grow most stems with the help of flourish excel. But I now plan to use Cardimine lyrata as a feature pant along with mosses and bucepelandras. Hope to post some pics soon. Cheers.

Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis 53B' right. Grown completely low-energy, no additional carbon, with relatively low light. It still grew reasonably compact.
Like most stems you'll probably have to trim and replant the tops occasionally to keep it looking at its best.
Ludwigia repens, palustris, rubens are all good choices as well if you want to add a bit of colour.
And don't forget Hygrophila difformis, it's often underated and overlooked, but it's a beautiful plant and does really well low-energy.

sideon-jpg.jpg

Hyghro Difformis nice plant for instant growth and can be trimmed to provide nice cover for small fish and fry ,lovely light contrasting green colour to

Back