• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Step-by-step planted tank video for PFK

I Just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching this 'demonstration'. You make it look pretty easy and I'd hope that this would give many newbies the confidence to try something similar themselves.

My eyes goggled at the price of plants though :wideyed:

ulster exile said:
The other way is to wait and prune and replant, but how long does that take on slow growing plants? hehe
Is basically what I have been doing on my tank, growing/prunning/replating, does take a while but its cheaper ;)

I have done the same, but I wonder if not having enough plants to start with puts any new 'scape on the wrong footing from the start. When I decide to rescape, this is definitely on my (long!) list of things not to do again.

LondonDragon said:
ulster exile said:
The other way is to wait and prune and replant, but how long does that take on slow growing plants? hehe
Is basically what I have been doing on my tank, growing/prunning/replating, does take a while but its cheaper ;)
Or to not buy tropica plants for the 'bulk' plants and save your money for tropica specimen plants.

Mine from java plants and greenline seem to be doing well, though having never bought tropica I don't really have a comparison.

Hi all, great demo film George keep it up for the uk planted scene. Reading through these post I see some of you are having trouble with the pronunciation of Cryptocoryne. The way it should sound is different to the way it reads. Acording to the guy at the British National Libary, it should be said Crypto cor rynee.
I myself for years have been pronouncing the name of this plant family wrong, untill corrected. hope this solves the issue.

I've been pronouncing it the same way for so long now, that force of habit would prevent me from changing!

Many of the species names don't really have a 'right' pronounciation anyway as many are named after certain people. Therefore trying to pronounce them as latin when they originated from Holland (or Essex) is pointless. Genus names are
probably different though as they do have latin routes.

Back