• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sterba's corydoras & pepper corydoras popping eggs like there’s no tomorrow

Nathanh2150

Hi all
As from the title my Sterba's corydoras & pepper corydoras are popping out a tone of eggs on the glass of the aquarium my rainbow fish have suddenly gone dormant as they have sensed some behaviour of the corydoras staying in the middle of the aquarium wile the corys do about 100 laps around the aquarium I have 6xSterba's corydoras & 6x pepper corys they have tried before with laying eggs but they quickly got Eaton by the other corys anything I should be doing as much as I would love some baby Sterba's corydoras & pepper corys just don’t have the time to take the eggs out to hatch in a separate tank which also I don’t have 😄 I feel good tho as this means my water is good for breading conditions 👍🏻

Happy cories breed and if you can't dedicate the time to specifically raise them then don't worry. To give any the biggest chance, try to add as much cover as you can with plamt mass and preferably lots of moss. The cories will likely deposit the eggs in the moss and then you might get the possibility of some babies without any effort on your part.
The chance of success depends on how many hungry mouths you have in the tank but it's possible to get a few baby cories make it on their own every so often.

A compromise is moss in that plastic tub and get them started, first 2-3 weeks of life in a safe space, then put them in the tank. They are such a pleasure to rear.

Hi all
As from the title my Sterba's corydoras & pepper corydoras are popping out a tone of eggs on the glass of the aquarium my rainbow fish have suddenly gone dormant as they have sensed some behaviour of the corydoras staying in the middle of the aquarium wile the corys do about 100 laps around the aquarium I have 6xSterba's corydoras & 6x pepper corys they have tried before with laying eggs but they quickly got Eaton by the other corys anything I should be doing as much as I would love some baby Sterba's corydoras & pepper corys just don’t have the time to take the eggs out to hatch in a separate tank which also I don’t have 😄 I feel good tho as this means my water is good for breading conditions 👍🏻
There must be something in the air/water as my habrosus have just started spawning.

Just got home from work and can only see a view eggs now in the tank there kinda dotted around the tank but guess they have been picked off by the corys or the rainbows

Attachments

• 1BE16CEE-48CF-42DC-ACBF-FFD485F0BB39.jpeg
    1BE16CEE-48CF-42DC-ACBF-FFD485F0BB39.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
Back