• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's nano - "Back in the Saddle" - New photos 21/04/11

Steve Smith

It's been a while, I'll admit, but after the trip to Vivarium last weekend I couldn't be anything but inspired to start a new scape :)

Not much detail yet. I'm still gathering plants. Some may recognise this as my TGM opti-white nano tank. I'll be running pressurised CO2, probably an external eheim 2213 and a 13w light fixture.

Hardscape is manzanite and aged redmoor wood and then various pebbles and graded gravel, on top of Unipac Zambezi sand. Substrate is Flora Base.

At the moment my planting plans are Bolbitis Diformis, Anubias Nana "petite" and "bonsai", Staurogyne Repens, taxiphyllum alternans (taiwan moss - thanks a1matt), Fissidens fontanus, and some sort of stem - possibly rotala sp green or similar. I still need to buy most of the above so the tank is a little bare at present, but I couldn't resist making a start :) (click for larger image):

5585872195_9bd9eb875a_z.jpg

The skinny bit of wood will be moved around as I play about. Not happy with it's placement at the moment but it's got some fissidens growing very naturally on it!

Thanks for looking :D

Re: Steve's "getting back on the horse" nano

Nice start, looking forward to that one.
May I ask what happened to the vivarium tank hardscape you were planning to do in december. I really liked that one as well.

Look forward seeing this grown in mate. Looks like you recovered from that bike incident :)

Nice start steve, really like the hardscape and the gravel out front.

Any ideas for inhabitants? Pleeeease say some really cool shrimp :) lol

Thanks guys :) Really hadn't thought about occupants! Probably shrimp though, like you say. Maybe I could squeeze some micro rasbora into the scape, but really depends.

I saw some really cheap micro rasboras in a little pet shop in lakeside shopping centre, 10 for 5quid!! Mucho cheap!! There's some really cool shrimp making there way into the uk and little tanks like these show case them brilliantly.

Good to see you back in the saddle again Steve. (If vivarium didn't inspire you then nothing would!)

The blues are gonna look lovely in here :thumbup:

Well done mate! Looks lovely. You lads do seem to be all for sticking the wood out the top of the tank, it looks very nice. I'll have to get myself an optiwhite tank!

Opti whites are brilliant, much much better looking that the standard type, even looking at my clear seal nano I cba to scape or put it to some use simply because the green in the glass just puts me off haha,

Steve I think the blues would look brilliant and very different :)

Looks really nice, Steve :thumbup:
Great hardscape. I'm curious to see it planted now!

Regards

So am I :lol:

I should have plants arriving tomorrow. Mostly just Staurogyne (John has very kindly offered me some cuttings but maybe not for a few weeks yet so I'm being impatient :lol:) I'm still looking for some stems but I want to get it planted up with the main plants asap :)

I like the look of that scape steve, and welcome back. One quick comment, I believe that is mini-bolbitis on your wood and not bolbitis difformis. Let us know how it grows for you!

Thanks all :)

Plants arrived at work today. Staurogyne sp. and hygrophila pinnatifida

5594422735_79f87b2321_z.jpg

You can really see the detail in that pic! :lol:

Great pic....thats amongst the best bubble wrap I've seen in a long time! Vintage Steve! :lol:

Back