• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's New Opti-White Nano (No name)

Steve Smith

Well, after getting anoyed with my other opti-white, and the horrid "fossil" stone that was poluting the water, I stumped up the cash for one of TGM's Opti-white nano/stand combos. I must say I've very impressed with it! The quality is just amazing! The glass is so clear, the silicone work is impecable and the edges of the glass are perfectly polished. The stand is nice too. It might benefit from some push release latch type of affair, but it's not an issue really.

Anyway, I bought some real fossilised wood, taking advantage of TGM's sale and it just looks stunning. The colours on it, now it's in the water! Lovely rusty/earthy browns.

Not sure on litres or dimensions. I'll measure it at some point.

Specifications.

TGM Opti-white Nano and stand (Aquariums ltd)
Eheim 2213 Classic with Effi-Substrate/Activated carbon
Hydor ETH200
Cal-Aqua 12mm Nano glassware
Arcadia 11w Arcpod x2 (one for first 2 - 4 weeks)

ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia powder
ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia (Pre-used and for padding out AS powder)
Fossilised wood

Planting is literally just Glosso at the moment. I'm considering something like E. Acicularis/Parva for the back right corner, breaking up as it moves left, but I'm not sure.

Anyhow, here's a couple of pics :)

Day 1:

Front:
Day001_Front.jpg

Front (elevated)
Day001_Front2.jpg

I've got to thank the master of Nano's, Graeme for help with the scape. He came up with basis for this layout in a tub at TGM when I was there last Monday, which I've re-created and fiddled with :)

The wood looks quite different from what we're used to seeing! I hope you don't mind me asking, how much the aquarium and stand was? I might be after something similar.

Looking good Steve, although I am not really a fan of the Fossilised wood, will wait and see what it looking like once the glosso fills in, which shouldn't take too long, it grows like a weed ;) setup looks good (well silver stand?? personal choices I guess :D )

Looks great Steve.

What is the quality of the stand itself like, i'm always curious. Does it have cut outs already drilled, and what kind of material is it made from?

Quality is great. Very solid construction. It's made of that dense chipboard type manufactured wood, but it's very thick and I managed to cut it quite well.

It came pre-drilled with a large hole in the back, towards the top. This was about 6" diameter. Big enough to get an Arcadia arcpod powerpack through with ease! I drilled my own hole on the side to feed my hoses through, as I thought it would look nicer having them at the side :) (with some encouragement from Dan of course :lol:)

Back