• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's "Spring Tree" - Planning

SteveUK said:
Just taken this shot for my own motivational purposes :lol:

Spring_Tree_Dry_Goods.jpg

Tank needs some more cleaning o_O

get it started!!! :lol: :lol:

Pondering substrate at the moment :) I'm thinking either re-cycled Aquasoil Amazonia I have in a bucket in the garage, or maybe splash out on some Colombo... Pay day tomorrow :angelic:

Edit: Oh, and I think I need some new tubes. The current tubes are looking a bit tired, and one is flickering a little for the first 5 mins after being switched on :rolleyes:

It sounds like you have a good plan. When will you have water in the tank?

SteveUK said:
Pondering substrate at the moment :) I'm thinking either re-cycled Aquasoil Amazonia I have in a bucket in the garage, or maybe splash out on some Colombo... Pay day tomorrow :angelic:

Edit: Oh, and I think I need some new tubes. The current tubes are looking a bit tired, and one is flickering a little for the first 5 mins after being switched on :rolleyes:

I vote for reusing the substrate. Waste not want not.
Then spend the money on tubes ;)

Well, this isn't going anywhere fast at the moment. But, things have changed a little. I'm now planning on using an 80x45x45 tank and hopefully (if I can repair it) a 150w metal halide. Just working out the logistics, and getting hold of the tank/stand from Dan in a few weeks. Contemplating re-arranging my bedroom to suit an extra tank/cabinet. should be fun!

Back