Still awaiting response/refund

Discussion in 'Hinterfeld' started by Conort2, 18 Jul 2018.

1. Conort2

Conort2 Member

Hi

I returned an order to yourselves on the 9th of July and which was signed for however I have received no refund. I have emailed numerous times but have received no response. Could you please look into this asap as to have no response for this amount of time is unacceptable. Order number is #2171.

Thanks

Conor

2. BarryH

BarryH Member

Please keep us informed Conor, I now have the same problems as you.

3. Conort2

Conort2 Member

Not great at the moment, I have returned an item to the returns address specified on my parcel. Paid 12 quid tracked postage for it to make sure I can see it get there. The item was delivered and signed for however hinterfeld are saying that you cannot return to the uk warehouse address. Why put that bloody return address on the item then?! Also saying they only refund defective items however it clearly states on their website 30 day money back guarantee. Would've been better off binning the thing then paying to send it back lol.

Cheers

Conor

BarryH likes this.
  4. BarryH

BarryH Member

It would seem the statements Hinterfeld make never hold up, I found that out. As I'm rarely at home, they sent me three different emails all promising I would be able to track my delivery, not a chance, no tracking information once the delivery had left them.

5. Andrew Butler

Andrew Butler Member

Hi Conor,
    Unsure if you know much about your consumer rights but look up consumer contract regulations; this is what protects you that bit more when buying things online.
    You can send goods back within 14 days of receiving them even if they are not faulty providing you follow certain steps.
    I don't know how soon you sent the item back, if you notified them before etc but have a look into things and you might find you are protected.
    There's always section 75 if you paid by credit card and goods were over £100 too.
    Good luck!
    Andrew

sparkyweasel and BarryH like this.
  6. BarryH

BarryH Member

I managed to get an email back from them asking me to prove my light unit was not working, just about the strangest thing I've been asked to do. I guess the next request will be to return the light unit as you had to do.

Hinterfeld are far from the most helpful customer relations department I have ever dealt with.

7. alto

alto Member

Ask them to prove the light was working before being shipped out ;)

Not a helpful response but one I just could not resist :p

If you look through the forums, H can be reluctant to reply, replace, refund etc
    though some customers receive excellent service

BarryH likes this.
  8. BarryH

BarryH Member

Thanks Alto. I only wish I had thought of that when I sent my reply. I fully agree with your comments about Hinterfeld, far from the best customer service to be found on UKAPS.

9. Conort2

Conort2 Member

Latest update. They asked me to provide the address which I returned the item to. Say they do not recognise the address even though it was attached to their parcel!!! And is clearly the address the item gets shipped to in the U.K. When it leaves china.

They only reply once a day so this could still be some time before there is a resolution. Frustrating to say the least.

Cheers

Conor

10. Andrew Butler

Andrew Butler Member

How many days after receiving the item did you return it and did you notify them you were?
    Working or not when you buy products online you don't have to have a reason for returning the product should you notify them you wish to within 14 days of receiving it and follow certain rules.
    There are a few exceptions but not when buying a standard item.

11. BarryH

BarryH Member

I sent them a photo of the light (not working) and at least I got a reply telling me to check the fuse.

It seems they'll try all the delaying tactics and anything they can to put you off. To me it seems a real shame they have such poor customer relations as their products look great and seem reasonable in price. That is if you can get them and they work of course.

12. Hinterfeld.com

Hinterfeld.com Sponsor Staff Member

We arrange full refund already. We never receive a photo or video to prove the item is faulty. Just received the email told us that he returned the item, and sent the item to an address that we don't recognize at all. Anyway, I have arranged the refund in order to stop arguing on this issue.

For all other buyers. Please do contact us when you have a problem with the item. And since shipment is made from China warehouse, all returned item needs to be sent back to China. We do provide free return if you received a defective item and we request you to send it back to us. But please do send us proof, not to send it to any address you like without confirming with us.

We will not respond to this case anymore, since we refunded full amount to this guy.