• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Still life shrimp

Mark Evans

Expert
so, the perfect host for some macro images....A dead shrimp.

DONT PANIC! i didn't kill it! well not deliberately at least. The little sucker died of something, but of what I don't know.

Now this has confirmed what i've always thought about the eye. it's not possible to get it sharp throughout, because of it's round nature.

The still life, gave me chance to get the lighting just right.

Poser :lol: how i jest in the face of death

oh-dear.jpg

oh-dead.jpg

eye-eye.jpg

Delicious colors and brilliant clarity mate. Nice one. Love the detail in the eyes in the last one!

Cheers,

samc said:
amazing shot mate.

cheers bud.

Nick16 said:
incredible. simply stunning.

thanks mate.

ceg4048 said:
Delicious colors and brilliant clarity mate. Nice one. Love the detail in the eyes in the last one!

cheers Clive. Whenever I take these macro shots, I always think of you...as i've said before. :lol: I must impress Clive, I must impress Clive.

saintly said:
ceg4048 said:

cheers Clive. Whenever I take these macro shots, I always think of you...as i've said before. :lol: I must impress Clive, I must impress Clive.
:lol: :lol: Oh yeah? I'm gonna have to find me some shrimp in the supermarket and really show you how it's done mate.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:

:lol: you've a 'god' like status and I know you fully appreciate anything that resembles science or anything that may delve into a world unseen. you helped me step into your world of the matrix a long time ago :thumbup:

ceg4048 said:
I'm gonna have to find me some shrimp in the supermarket and really show you how it's done mate.

thats a good idea actually. I nearly bout some 'critters' from P@H....the live lizard feed. for macro shots of crickets etc.

Great shots.
I can just imagine you there, posing this little dead shrimp and talking soothingly to him... :lol:

I love the way you can take us into another world with the amount of detail that we'd never see usually.

I'd like to see just how close you can get to the eye, either by upping the magnification on the lens, or by cropping and zooming, or a combination.

We run the danger of taking your excellent photography for granted these days, as there's so much top-end stuff from you. I for one really appreciate you sharing it with us all.

Marvellous stuff! Keep up the great work.

Back