• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking a 60"x20"x24"

sanj

Hi guys,

am thinking about the fish I will be stocking the above mentioned aquarium. I reckon I am going down the Densioni route (Love em) and Rainbowfish.

Ive been here before and well they are a great mix, unfortunately the 'Great Tank Disater of 2006' was a big blow for me and nearly killed the hobby. Now i realise thats not so, must be in my blood. :p

Anyhoo, while I undertand stocking densities and limitations on standard calulations, i would nevertheless like some feed back and suggestions on fish and no.s.

I am thinking:

Densioni barbs: 7 maybe 12? but thats kind of the range

Boemani's : 5 to 8

Kutubus: maybe 3

Then well, i was not entirely sure what others, but what i cant bring myself to do is go mad on assorted community fish in ones and twos, cant stand it almost as bad as plastic plants! yeah so please dont suggest that. :p

This is a South asia to australasia community, no tetras! Theyre in the other tank with the Angels. :)

I am thinking of more Rainbows...look amazing when mature.

Love clown loaches, but am concious of the size they eventually get to and well not even sure this aquarium is big enough and well they have a reputation for taking a liking to plants when they are big.

Actually thought of an RTBS?

What is your thinking on numbers for a aquarium this size. These are fish that range from 3-5"

I know a single species look great, but i just havent got the discipline to do that in such a large tank when i love Densionis and boesmanis.

just feed me your thoughts please, much appreciated even if they are awful. :lol:

A single shoal of Densioni would look superb. I'd be tempted to forget the rainbows and just stick with them, but that's just me. Which rainbows were you thinking of?

Re clown loaches, they say they get to 6-8" in the aquarium so your tank should be ideal, even once they get fully grown in 20 years time! :wideyed:

Sam

I bought 9 Densionis today :) ... OMG how much moola!!

Its really quite hard to stick to one species, esp because i like the rainbows also. I thought the red of the densions and the yellow of the boesmanis would complement.

Still not decided though, i have seen some amazing rainbow collections. I certainly get the big shoal of one species, can look great, just not sure that i can commit one large tank to one sp. lol

Back