• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stone Garden

histi

Seedling
Hello,

Welcome to all UKAPS members. :wave:

Let me show you the life of my new little nano called Stone Garden.

Tech spec:
It is an ADA Cube Garden Mini "M" series tank (20 l), with ADA Solar Mini (27 W) lamp, filtered by an Eheim 2222 filled with 100% Substrat Pro. I use a Hydor in line heater to keep constant 24 Celsius. Pressurized CO2 system supports the photosynthesis. Light period is 5 hours per day. Aeriation is done by an air stone during the night.

Hardscape:
Hardscape is made by dragon stone, substrate is ADA Amazonia based on Power Sand Special.

Fertilisers:
I fertilise daily based on EI.
I use Green Aqua Micro as micro fertiliser and home made macro solution from powders.
Additional Easy Carbo is added too daily.
WC: 2 times per week with RO water. (First 100% RO water, then mixed with hard tap water, now 100% RO again.)

Fauna:
Plants: HC added first, then some weeks later Blyxa Japonica.
Fishes: 2 Otocinclus affinis and a little team of Boraras uropthalmoides.

Well, I do not know what others to say you guys, so let me continue with a little bit of history in some pictures:
Hardscape:
P1030041.JPG

Day 0, after starting (2011.01.08):
P1030295.JPG

In one week:
P1030383.JPG

Blyxa is added on day 11th:
P1030563.JPG

In four weeks:
P1030856.JPG

The garden 2 days before 7 weeks old (trimmed once about when it was 5 weeks old):
P1040421.JPG

P1040423.JPG

I have problems too, my HC seems to lack some nutrients I think. After 4 weeks of nice progress, now it is stopped growing or at least grows very slowly compared to the first 4 weeks. It develops small sized new leaves, old leaves become yellow, in some cases with little holes on them. I increased the CO2 level, and add a little more macro nutrients. Now I am watching the answer of the HC, I hope this "treatment" will help. (Maybe it is recovering and seems to be better day by day but I do not want to speak too soon.)

I have never tried Blyxa before, I think it is an interesting plant. :) One time it is just fine, other time it is melting... I think the hard water is just too wrong for it.

Thank you for reading, any comments appreciated. :wave:

Hi Tony,

My ferts regime is as follows:
Normally I dose 4,9 ppm NO3 and K and 0,7 PO4 per day. Fe from micro solution is 0,2 ppm per day.

But while "treatment" I increased it to 7,36 ppm NO3 and K and 1,05 ppm PO4 per day. Fe from micro solution is 0,3 ppm per day.

Regards,
Steve

Hi Steve, Welcome mate.
How long have you been in the hobby? Looks like you've done that before.
Would API leaf zone be worth a look for yellowing holey leaves? I've never has HC so cant honestly say alot on it,
Good luck with the HC, keep up the good work.

Toad

Hello Toad,

This is my second tank I am new in hobby almost in two years now. But still watching, reading, experimenting of course.
This is a never ending story :)

Erhm sorry, I am not so good in English language. :oops:
I completely do not understand the phrase "API leaf zone". Could you please describe it a little bit more in deatil? :)

Thanks mate.

Regards

Back