• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stopforumspam.com

jamesb

Has anyone had issues with the bunch in topic blocking them? Randomly blocked for no reason for the last 48 hours I had to email them have a pop at them then fill out some daft form just to get back on here. Are the mods aware of this bunch blocking people on the forum? Especially when it's for no reason. I'm not mad at anyone here just wondering of they are meant to be blocking people and by what parameters they make that decision. Plus I would of though a kind of 3 strikes system the mods run would be much more suitable for a forum like this but that's just my opinion.

which forum are you blocked from? This one?

I was blocked from this one
5222840f-7685-e063.jpg

That's what came up but when I went to their website and searched the ip address a different username and email came up. So I had to email them
And demand to be unblocked

I get this all the time using Tapatalk. I just come back five mins later and can post again most of the time. It's odd tho. I think it's a issue with the app and not the forum.

It's a huge issue for me - I can NEVER post from Tapatalk since most of the Blackberry servers are blacklisted. The admins on here CAN tell Tapa to ignore that database though if they want...

...which would be hugely appreciated.... :D (bats eyelashes)

London,

Not wanting to argue, more to put forwards a reasoned case :p...

You can set things so that the IP applies to all registrations, but not for actual posting. This would allow existing users to post, whilst protecting against spam bots.

The frustrating thing is that I can post just fine from my mobile browser, it's just the checks for TapaTalk that prevent it from working!

Cheers for the reply Paulo :).

I'm banned for no reason...

Had a look into this and there isn't anything on the forum blocking from stopforumspam.com so this must be something to do with tapatalk, does anyone get this if they are not using tapatalk? The tapatalk plugin is not something we configure, just a folder that we upload to server and that's it.

Hmm it's strange I make one post and get blacklisted, then have to go into airplane mode to get a new ip to post again :/

On my Blackberry I had huge problems with Tapatalk because it blacklists the Blackberry servers most of the time. Since moving to Android it works flawlessly. I'm not a big believer in IP blocking since any determined person will just refresh their address periodically, so all it does it hit the poor sods further down the line!

Lol :) I've hit issues with these people via work - we use a proxy, so anyone spamming from that proxy means we all get blocked from sites using StopForumSpam for spam prevention. I am guessing that BB use a few proxies which, when blocked, mean anyone using them is also blocked.

for the record Im on an Iphone 4S...not a BB

Back