• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

storing fish whilest rescaping

Jamess

hey guys, just a random question. What do you think i should store my fish in whilst i rescape my tank and let the ammonia settle etc. I am going top be adding aquasoil and 2 majorly matured filters. I was thinking the small sand pit/swimming pool out of argos. the fish are 6 small angels, 9 cardinals, 6 black neons and a german blue ram who looks like hes on his last legs. What do you think?

I moved mine into a polystyrene box that Trimar use to deliver their fish..if you happen to have one of those! :rolleyes:
Did the job well, well insulated and kept them in darkness which I guess lessens the stress - didn't lose any.
Other than that you can get ~30L 'storage containers' from places like Wilkos and supermarkets.
Move the heater over to whatever you use and I found they were fine without a filter for 24 hours. Ammonia/nitrate only started showing up in the water a few days after they were taken out of it.

I use a bin (only ever used for this purpose) . Holds loads of water so you can put in a heater and attach the filters. I have stored fish for weeks like this.

You can get tubs/bins etc from places like Tesco, Argos and Wilkinsons. Some of them hold 70l or so, they would be suitable. Move the filter/heater over and keep in darkness.

Great ideas guys, i think its going to have to be a bin, my mum had a fit at even the idea of a small paddling pool being added to my room!

Do what I used to do and never tell her anything. Big buckets meant for horses are good, I used to use those, bins and washnig up bowls work but they're not the best.

Back