• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Storing plants before planting

fishandting

Hi all,

Apologies if a similar question has already been answered before but I couldn't see one if so....

I'm setting up my first planted tank and have bought a few plants online.

I also ordered sand online but there was a problem with the delivery and it never arrived. As a result I will have to keep the plants for at least 4 to 5 days before I'll get the chance to set the tank up.

As I was expecting the sand to arrive I have prepared all the plants, so they've all been removed from packaging and are now floating in a washing up bowl filled with tap water on the windowsill... Would they be ok like this for a few days? Should I add anything to the water? And if there's a better way to keep them for this time, please let me know, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance

That's perfectly fine, you could keep plants like this even for few weeks (however in a longer term too much light coming from the window if in sunny spot may cause some algae and plants may deplete all of nutrients in the water and will start to decompose).

That's perfectly fine, you could keep plants like this even for few weeks (however in a longer term too much light coming from the window if in sunny spot may cause some algae and plants may deplete all of nutrients in the water and will start to decompose).
Ah great, thanks for the reply. Fingers crossed it should just be for a few days

Back