• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Storing plants

SRP3006

Hi guys,

Shutting down my tank at the mo but I want to keep a selection of the plants for the new tank. Mainly Cryptocoryne and epiphytes, buce and anubias mostly.
What's the best way for me to keep and prepare Cryptocoryne for the new tank? Let them float in the spare tank and give them a trim just before planting in new?

Will anubias and buce be fine floating in the spare tank for a while ( 1 month~), I have trimmed any damaged leaves as I removed them from the tank. The spare tank is low light non co2, literally a holding tank for the fish and shrimp.

Cheers.

The crypts might have some leaf melt, should be okay for the Buce/Anubias
If you have some sponge and lead strips you could wrap around the Crypt roots to keep them upright!
hoggie

Thanks @hogan53, you've just jogged my memory. I have plenty of plant pots and weights, would they be a good idea? Then just chuck them in the holding tank with all leaves intact I'm guessing?

Then trim it all back for planting in new tank, plant just the root system?

I can use some of the pots and weights for the buce and anubias too, just without the soil, somehow get the roots to hold the pots or weights. To keep them upright?

Back