Straight Through Connector

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member
I'm often asked how do you get C02 tubing to fit glass diffusers? There was no easy answer until now

I've sourced a product which I am calling Straight Through Connector. You connect your C02 tubing to one end, and then a small amount (3cm) of airline tubing to the other. You then connect the airline tubing to the glass diffuser

easy peasy...

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1939

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I had this a week ago, wouldn't have gotten the diffusor broken and glass wegde in the bone! lol

CO2 tubing is the rigid tubing that is clear isn't it? As oppose to normal silicone tubing? Does it actually make that much difference in using CO2 tubing and silicone tubing? I find the CO2 tubing so rigid that I can't maneuver it to fit around my tank. Another way I find to fit the rigid CO2 tubing onto diffuser is to soften it with some small fire. I use my lighter for that and it seemed to work well.

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member
daniel19831123 said:
CO2 tubing is the rigid tubing that is clear isn't it? As oppose to normal silicone tubing? Does it actually make that much difference in using CO2 tubing and silicone tubing? I find the CO2 tubing so rigid that I can't maneuver it to fit around my tank. Another way I find to fit the rigid CO2 tubing onto diffuser is to soften it with some small fire. I use my lighter for that and it seemed to work well.
Some C02 tubing is more rigid than others and yes, I do believe there is quite a lot of difference in terms of C02 loss when using C02 tubing over silicone.

You can indeed soften C02 tubing in the way your describe but this can make it tricky to get off too :)