• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

STRIDEWAYS PRO REGULATOR

Matt1994

Hi everyone!
Just wondered if anyone is using the strideways Pro co2 regulator and how there finding it
And if you are and are also using the twinstar diffuser ?

In the process of setting up my tank and wont be planting till next month when I can get some time off from work

I also noticed the co2 art tubing I have says dong ling on so after reading a thread on here think im gonna have to get some more !

Hi. I have been using one for 8 weeks now. And yes, I am using a twinstar diffuser.
I am happy so far, seems of good built quality. It's only been 8 weeks though....
Are you using it on a fire extinguisher?
I'd be interested to use it with a soda stream adapter...

Update , been using the strideways reg since December 20. And has been faultless. That impressed going to go strideways again for my next project(waterbox 2420)

Very impressed. Very easy to fine tune needle valve. Holds the bps very stable . No issues what so ever.

On 2nd co2 bottle too

Note- had It on a stainless steel top mount bottle first

Now on a side mount bottle(bubble counter turned upright on the reg)
So can be used on either

Regards
Matt 😃

Just adding to this, I've had my Strideways regulator a few months now and it's needle valve is a huge improvement over co2art.

My first co2art regulator had huge problems keeping co2 stable (literally it could not keep BPS stable from day to day). I have to say though, co2art did give good customer service and they eventually sent me a replacement regulator. But in my 60P (60 litre) tank, I found that after doing the weekly water change (and topping up the bubble counter), the needle value would lose it's setting. It would then take half the week of fiddling again with the needle value to get the BPS correct, as a tiny bit of movement makes a large shift in BPS. In a small 60litre tank, you dont need much change in BPS to suddenly be overdosing or underdosing Co2. After a year with my replacement Co2art regulator, one of the Gauges died on one side, so I decided to replace with a different make.

So far, I have not had these problems with the Strideways Regulator. After topping up the bubble counter, it still keeps its BPS setting. Also it is soo much much easier to dial in the BPS. The regulator feels really solid also. Overall much improvement :)

Overall I would highly recommend the Strideways regulator, but I still need to see how it lasts long term.

These look like relabeled GLA regulators 🤣 The needle valves are rumored to be sourced from Fabco so that would explain the higher quality. But the paintball regs and the brass body ones are repurposed ordinary beer regulators.

Back in the day the Fabcro NV-55-18 used to cost $40 USD, now it costs $60 😐

These look like relabeled GLA regulators 🤣 The needle valves are rumored to be sourced from Fabco so that would explain the higher quality. But the paintball regs and the brass body ones are repurposed ordinary beer regulators.

Back in the day the Fabcro NV-55-18 used to cost $40 USD, now it costs $60 😐
Well I’m happy either way, I don’t mind if it is rebadged/rebranded 😀

Had a look on the GLA website, and non of them look similar to mine, the solenoid is connected differently, the manifolds are different colours, and Strideways includes a co2 release ring.

I'm also considering the Strideways Pro regulator but am totally new to this so want to check in about what else I'd need to buy for the full set up. Am I correct in thinking that if I get the regulator, I just need a diffuser and a CO2 canister? Thanks!

I'm also considering the Strideways Pro regulator but am totally new to this so want to check in about what else I'd need to buy for the full set up. Am I correct in thinking that if I get the regulator, I just need a diffuser and a CO2 canister? Thanks!
Correct. It’s worth adding a check valve too. Just to eliminate any risk of water being back siphoned.
If you’re planning on using a soda stream bottle or similar for gas, you’d also need an adapter.

Just checking you have a drop checker on your list also. You dont need one to run it of course, but super useful.

Also you will need some co2 friendly tube, to run from the bubble counter to the diffuser.

@Matt1994 @keef321 Have you guys experienced any downsides/issues with the Strideways regulator? I'm thinking of picking between the Strideways CO2 regulator PLUS and the CO2 Art PRO Elite and unsure of which to go for :banghead:

I got a Strideways Pro Plus regulator in January and no problems - am very impressed. I use a CO2 Art inline diffuser. I cannot compare it with other regulators as i'm new to this but once I got the hang of it, it basically looks after itself and bubble rate is stable.

@Matt1994 @keef321 Have you guys experienced any downsides/issues with the Strideways regulator? I'm thinking of picking between the Strideways CO2 regulator PLUS and the CO2 Art PRO Elite and unsure of which to go for :banghead:
So far not experienced any downsides with Strideways. Its is superior to the Co2 Art pro SE that I used to have, keeps much better stability (bubble rate) and is easier to dial in (much better needle valve). I can honestly say things are much easier with this regulator, co2 art was very frustrating.

So far not experienced any downsides with Strideways. Its is superior to the Co2 Art pro SE that I used to have, keeps much better stability (bubble rate) and is easier to dial in (much better needle valve). I can honestly say things are much easier with this regulator, co2 art was very frustrating.
Sounds great! Think I'll go with Strideways. Haven't been able to find a single negative review on these.

Hi TheGreatsscape,

I had the single gauge strideways regulator running for over a year no issues, seemed very well made and needle valve was very precise to adjust. I then used the Co2 Art Pro Se on my waterbox, simply with having the two gauges to see bottle contents and working pressure easily. Can’t fault either in my own usage! Had no issues with either of them. The strideways felt like a heavy well made regulator, in my own opinion I would say either would be a good choice.

Hope this is of some help. Ran both into an in tank diffuser.

Regards
Matt

Hi TheGreatsscape,

I had the single gauge strideways regulator running for over a year no issues, seemed very well made and needle valve was very precise to adjust. I then used the Co2 Art Pro Se on my waterbox, simply with having the two gauges to see bottle contents and working pressure easily. Can’t fault either in my own usage! Had no issues with either of them. The strideways felt like a heavy well made regulator, in my own opinion I would say either would be a good choice.

Hope this is of some help. Ran both into an in tank diffuser.

Regards
Matt
Thanks for the update Matt. I'm leaning more towards the Strideways Plus regulator. In my country the Strideways Plus and the CO2 Art Elite are quite similarly priced so it all comes down to quality. CO2 Art does offer a 10 year warranty compared to Strideways which offers only 3 years but based on user feedback, Strideways seems to be excellent in build quality and solves most of the issues users have faced with the CO2 Art regulators. Really glad to see that you've been using Strideways without issues for over a year now.

Back