• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stupid Girl's Question Regarding Plugs.

Goodygumdrops

Please don't laugh guys,but I've got a fluval 2 plus filter I've just inherited with no plug on (which I want to buy a plug for at lunchtime).What amp plug will it need?I always struggle with this :oops:

my tetratec 1200 has a 3A fuse, guess you'd be ok with the same.

Chris

13A are more for heavy duty items like kettles and hoovers. You could use a 5A if you have any. It's more a safety issue than anything. You could run your filter with a 13A fuse, but if something shorts or burns out, it would be better to have a smaller bang than a bigger one! Best to go with the smallest you can get away with.

As said the smaller the fuse the more likely of just a small bang resulting in need of a new fuse. if its over sized for the appliance you could cook something causing it not to work/be irrepairable.

Its more than likely any plug top you buy will have a 13a fuse fitted, so a 3a or 5a fuse will need to be purchased as well.

Cheers Gordon.

BINKSY1973 said:
Its more than likely any plug top you buy will have a 13a fuse fitted, so a 3a or 5a fuse will need to be purchased as well.

Cheers Gordon.

Yep,asked in the shop for two 3amp plugs,of course they only had 13 amp,was very surprised when I asked to get 3amp fuses also and said that was pretty intelligent (I know him!!),and I'm not fick ALL the time.

Filter filtering away!!(YEEHHHAAA)My 1st tank for about 15 years!

(I have two already!!!)And not a peep from the bf so far!!I'm only running the tank in my wee boy's room at the mo though as substrate etc for my main tank is killing me,think Santa's going to bring me the rest of it!This tank in Grant's room is being set up 'cheaply' lol,it was free,and has cost me £90 over the last week!
How on earth does that happen?Fish water gravel heater filter before,how did I ever manage?

Back