• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stu's 90x45x45 Apalala Shore - IAPLC 2012 #114 - AGA 2012 #3

Re: Stu's 90x45x45 Dragon Stone Scape (Video Page 7)

thanks ady, i didn't see the snail!!

I only noticed after i edited the picture that its shows the different swimming zones of the fish really well. Rasboras at the top and the cherry barbs mooching around the bottom.

Ah ah. I must have missed the last update. Looking really beautiful and you have mastered to keep the hardscape dominating :thumbup: Super good job.
I can feel this years IAPLC raded with quality UK entries.
How is this one going now?

Beautiful scape and some great photography.
Your odd vertical lines are caused by something called rolling shutter. The 5D mkii is notorious for it but it can be remedied after the fact with some software. I don't know what video editing gear you use but have a search and there is bound to be a plugin for it.

thank all, sorry for lack of updates as have hardly been on here due to processing weddings and working.

The tank has come on leaps and bounds although a lot of the plants have covered the hardscape so I've been chopping bits out to expose it again.

After a recent trim I'm hoping to get a final pic for iaplc entry.

Here it is in the living room before the last chop.

7244749104_0466258257_b.jpg
IAPLC entry for 2012 by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

will you be using flash, or both mh and flash stu? i recall your last photo had a slight hue from using 2 different light sources.

easerthegeezer said:
ta :)
Mark Evans said:
will you be using flash, or both mh and flash stu? i recall your last photo had a slight hue from using 2 different light sources.
Im hoping to use flash mark. The WB was all over the place on the last one I did. I have got some gels now but I think it will be quite hard to match the Kelvin of the NA green so will probably turn it off.

Ive only got two flashes to use so will have to improvise a backlight from something else.

When you use the studio lights on yours do you use them bare mark? Just wondering whether to go bare or put some diffusion on :?:

Stu! i use them bare.

On a 90cm you can get away with just 2 lights. Angled just right, you can also iluminate the background.

Mark Evans said:
Stu! i use them bare.

On a 90cm you can get away with just 2 lights. Angled just right, you can also iluminate the background.
excellent! good to know it can be done. Ill be setting up tonight for a test so will let you know how i get on :)

Looks great Stu, any chance of a close up too?

Back