• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Submersed to immersed and back again

KirstyF

Hi All
If all goes to plan, I’ll be planting up my new tank around 26th Nov, so 4 1/2 weeks and counting.

I’ve seen a number of plants coming up for sale on this forum that I would have been happy to take but I don’t have a running tank to hold them until planting day. (Thanks again to the guys who are holding some weeds and floaters for me, in case you happen to read this) 😊

I do, however, have an unused tank that I could set up with an old light and hold plants immersed and/or misted at a room temp of 20-21 degrees.

I’m not sure, however, whether this would over-stress plants by effectively taking them from submersed to immersed and then back to submersed in this short time period or whether they would be happy to have access to all of that Co2 for a few weeks and then re-adapt to life underwater at least as well as the immersed/tissue culture plants I’ll be getting through my LFS. (Where a certain level of melt might be expected)

Would appreciate thoughts! 😊

Hi All
If all goes to plan, I’ll be planting up my new tank around 26th Nov, so 4 1/2 weeks and counting.

I’ve seen a number of plants coming up for sale on this forum that I would have been happy to take but I don’t have a running tank to hold them until planting day. (Thanks again to the guys who are holding some weeds and floaters for me, in case you happen to read this) 😊

I do, however, have an unused tank that I could set up with an old light and hold plants immersed and/or misted at a room temp of 20-21 degrees.

I’m not sure, however, whether this would over-stress plants by effectively taking them from submersed to immersed and then back to submersed in this short time period or whether they would be happy to have access to all of that Co2 for a few weeks and then re-adapt to life underwater at least as well as the immersed/tissue culture plants I’ll be getting through my LFS. (Where a certain level of melt might be expected)

Would appreciate thoughts! 😊
A lot of plants in the wild are subject to varying water levels, I change scapes a lot from emersed to immersed with no noticeable effects, so it's worth trying.

Obviously it has to be plants that aren't aquatic only!

A lot of plants in the wild are subject to varying water levels, I change scapes a lot from emersed to immersed with no noticeable effects, so it's worth trying.

Obviously it has to be plants that aren't aquatic only!
Thanks for the info.
I’ve only ever planted straight to tank and only ever kept fully submersed plants (other than floaters) but like you say, worth trying, and failing all else, it’ll be good learning.😊

Thanks for the info.
I’ve only ever planted straight to tank and only ever kept fully submersed plants (other than floaters) but like you say, worth trying, and failing all else, it’ll be good learning.😊
Nothing ventured nothing gained :)

Back