• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Substrate cleaning

PARAGUAY

I had a good plant trim and was a bit surprised at all the dirt debris .Anyone recommend a gravel /substrate cleaner nothing too elaborate

I had a good plant trim and was a bit surprised at all the dirt debris .Anyone recommend a gravel /substrate cleaner nothing too elaborate
if u have a spare canister filter, you can use it as a subtrate cleaner. Because you can use very fine filter media in the canister, you can suck up all the substrate "dust" that will not be caught by regular substrate cleaners.

The Dennerle Nano Gravel Cleaner (works on syphon but has a little hand pump to get it going) is maybe a bit small for larger areas but is great for getting into nooks and crannies between plants!

Cheap, and works.

XFXXX4%2F227457924%2FHTB1C6fZPVXXXXXvXVXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg

Hi @PARAGUAY I use this one occasionally to remove detritus. In the tank were I keep shrimps I put a lemon wrap in front of it so I wont suck up my shrimplets by accident - works well as long as you can avoid sucking up gravel :)

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Back