• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Substrate Database?

I opened a bag of Horticultural sand that I bought some time ago and was quite surprised by it's colour and texture.
This got me thinking that perhaps it would be a good idea to have a pictorial database of substrates commonly available so folks would have a better idea of what stuff actually looks like before they buy it. Is there any interest in this?

Im sure there would be.
I think the best idea for any substrate provider is to produce wet images as the colour changes dramatically from what you see in the bag when you submerge it....a database like that would help.
It could maybe be started on here if thats what your suggesting? Of course colour renditions may slightly differ on screen to real life, but it would certainly help.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ok, here's a few that I have. All pics taken at the same exposure with Flash. All samples wet/damp.

Tesco C/L
TescoCL.jpg

Manado
JBLManado.jpg

Flora Base Brown
FloraBaseBrown.jpg

Flora Base Brown (fine)
FloraBaseBrownfine.jpg

Silver Sand
SilverSand.jpg

Westland Horticultural Sand
WestlandHorticulturalSand.jpg

Unipac Gravel (unmarked pack)
UnipacGravelunmarked.jpg

And some Hydroleca in case of interest!
Hydroleca.jpg

Great start Aqua, thanks for taking the time to share. When i have some samples ill add photos too in a similar display.
Ady.

Back