• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Substrate didnt fix it.

Hi Sam,
my blyxa grows like crazy, but HC and other small plants not so much.
I thought it may have something to do with Akadama, but looks like it doesn't.
What are your approx water params?

EDIT: My HC is pearling nicely for a week or so after introducing into the tank, but then the leafs become dwarf and it starts detaching from the substrate.

Hi there :)

Not got a clue what the water params are but I've just switched to 100% RO with JamesC DIY remineralisation. The tank is getting 1ppm PO4 and 5ppm NO3. TNP for trace. Pretty standard EI with CO2. Lighting is 2x54w T5's, cheapo lampspec ones, from JamesC thread.

I never get pearling, from any of the plants.

Sam

Cheers for the thoughts James. I'm gonna run the 100% RO for a month or two just to rule out it being something in the water, which I know is doubtful but I have to try each thing one at a time. The lighting is next on my list ;) the luminaire has 3x54w so I can easily add more.

Interestingly all the plant problems I've had have been with T5 lighting, I didn't seems to have any of these problems when I was using T8.

Sam

Back