• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Substrate guidance please

naija

Seedling
Looking back I don't know how I managed to do this, but I've ended up with 2 bags of Fluorite black (7kg each) and 2 bags of Eco-complete (9kg each) for my Fluval Vicenza 260l tank :oops: .
Can I use these two products together? If so should I just mix them or layer them (and which one should I use as the bottom layer)?

Hi,
Each is designed to be used alone but there is no rule against mixing them, nor are there any negative implications of doing so. Use your imagination and design a layout that pleases you. As in the mixing of any two substrates if you lay the smaller diameter gravel on top then it will slowly settle int the larger below and will look messy after awhile. If they are the same size then this is less likely to occur.

In your design exercise you can also consider having them segregated in different areas of the tank. Anything goes, really. This has only to do with aesthetics, not performance.

Cheers,

Back