• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suesswassertang aka Round Pellia

Sandfire

Seedling
Hi

I have had this plant for about 2 years, but it been in a low light, no CO2, aquarium, its been growing very slowly and rather untidy not the round appearance its looks when at its best.

I am moving it into my new project, a Rio 180, with 150 watt metal halide, I have homemade CO2 at the moment while I save for a proper CO2 system, filtration is via Tetratec Ex1200 external filter and I have used Tropica peat based soil with grit over the top, the tank has only been set up a week and I have plants coming in the post.

I want to try and give the Suesswassertang a chance to really flourish, does anyone know anything about this plant? What are the ideal growing conditions for it and how should I use it and secure it?

Thank you.

I've never grown the Subbwassertang but just wanted to say that you need to be really careful using that much light with only DIY CO2. That's nearly 4WPG :wideyed: and you are going to have an algae farm unless you can add enough CO2 and ferts to keep up with light levels that high!

I would really like to go quite hi-tech with this tank, The DIY CO2 is only temporary untill next month and its made from 2 x 2l cola bottles started a week apart hopefully it will just be for a month... or sooner if a ebay bargain comes along. :D

If I see algae, I will have to act quicker and upgrade to CO2 injection.

I only have anubias nana and pellia (pelia?) at the moment, Pellia is pearling and now has started to float a little so I have to find a way to secure it. I am still waiting for my plants to come, would you start adding the ferts few days after the plants had settled and growing?

Back