• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggest a plant to add some colour?

Steve Smith

I'm setting up a new scape at the moment which will have a lot of Rotala sp. "Green". There will be some highlights of Rotala "Nanjenshan" too, and maybe the odd Rotala rotundifolia mixed in with the green.

I'm looking for another shape and colour to go with this setup and I'm struggling. At the moment I have Limnophila aromatica and Ludwigia arcuata as possible candidates. I think I need something with a different shape perhaps. Maybe Proserpinaca Paulustris "Cuba"?

This is going to be a 90cm scape, with 4x24w T5, CO2, filtration from 2x EX1200's (tank is approx 153 litres, so should be ample filtration!)

Any suggestions?

Many thanks :)

Proserpinaca palustris gets my vote, it's a difficult one to get going thought.

Well, I decided. I had to get my order off to TGM as I hope to get a bag of AS for tomorrow! I went for 4 pots of Nesaea pedicellata as it's more of a mid-ground plant, and also a few pots of Nesaea crassicaulis for mid/background.

Looking forwards to getting them now. I've got the tank half filled, but draining tonight to fiddle with hard scape some more, and also in waiting for more AS. 9L really doesn't go that far :(

Back