• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestions filter Dennerle 70L scaper's

jordy89

Hello,

I'm planning on upgrading from a 30L Nanocube to a 70LDennerle scapers tank. I'm debating between some filters, and would appreciate any suggestions or tips anyone would have for me.
I'm quite a beginner, so aside from some all-in-one nutrients and the Colombo basic C02 set in mij current aquarium, it is not a very high tech setup at all.

The tank wil be in the living room next to me on a table near where i watch tv. The filter will be behind the table but not in a cabinet or anything that would reduce the noise levels, so low sound levels are somewhat important to me.

Some of the filters I were considering were the Oase filtosmart thermo 100 or perhaps a larger version of the Dennerle Eckfilter I have now.
Plus side to the Oase would be heating and filter outside of the aquarium. But I do read mixed reviews about the Oase though, regarding noiselevel, how well the heating works, etc.
The Eckfilter has the upside of being pretty much completely silent, but is very visible in the aquarium. Someone else suggested the Eheim 2213.

Any thoughts or advice would be great, thanks!

Hi
I can not praise enough Tetratec filters for being silent . I think EX 600 or if loads of hardscape and plants EX 800 will be my suggestion.
Regards Konstantin

Given that you likely intend to have a good looking scaped tank I would also suggest an external /canister filter.
I currently have a similar tank with a JBL Cristalprofi on it and it is quiet enough. Eheim 2213 is a little bit louder but I would not say it's noticeable in a normal living room and it's a workhorse. If you get the eheim I would strongly recommend getting 2 quick disconnects. With them cleaning and priming the filter is very easy.

I’ve used several filters recently and the most quiet by far is the Tetratec EX400. The Eheim Classic and Sera just don’t make the grade, even in a cabinet.

Thank you for all the tips I will definetly read into the filters you guys mentioned!

Back