• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestions for a good Auto feeder!

Susanna

Hi folks,

I am going to visit with my parents for a week before we get locked down for the autumn and winter. So I have 2 options 1 i get my neighbour to visit and feed my fishy folk or I get an auto feeder and seeing as he has just had a new baby I think the auto feeder would be the best bet.

So I have a small 30litre tank and wonder if you good folk could suggest a good feeder which:
a) won't cost me a fortune,

b)is reliable (no dead fish from starvation)
and
c) I can get hold of in the net 2-3 weeks (preferably not imported from china where everything seems to come from these days)

do you folks have any suggestions?

Easy for 2 weeks, just go and don't feed them, they are cold blooded so don't have high energy needs. So will last two weeks easy if they are healthy to start off with . Or just get neighbour to feed them once after a week- then if they over feed it was when the inmates was hungry and will be soon moped up.
Auto feeder can be great, but you have to use them well before going just incase they start dumping too much food in.

As Zeus says, healthy adult fish will be fine without feeding for a week. But if you do decide to get the neighbour to feed them; put suitable amounts for each feed into dated packets, - and hide all other fish food.

Eheim Autofeeder. Rock solid.

The aliexpress copies are also ok but I prefer the original. [ I have both ;) ]

I spoil mine by feeding daily. They will go nuts and eat my shrimp if I don't feed for one week.

Back